The Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia (VSBSA) is committed to the responsible handling of personal information and to protecting an individual’s right to privacy.
- The VSBSA only collects personal information that is necessary to fulfil its functions under the Veterinary Practice Act 2003 (VP Act). This information is collected by lawful and fair means, with consent and is used only for a lawful purpose.
- Persons engaged or formerly engaged in the administration of the VP Act are prohibited from divulging or communicating personal information obtained (whether by that person or otherwise) in the course of official duties except:
- as required or authorised by or under the VP Act or any other Act or law
- with the consent of the person to whom the information relates
- in connection with the administration of the VP Act or the repealed VP Act
- to an authority with responsibility for administering a corresponding law in connection with the administration of that law
- to an authority or other body in connection with the establishment or administration of a national database envisaged by section 75 of the VP Act
- The VSBSA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information it holds is kept secure and protected from unauthorised access.