Telephone: +61 8 8359 3334
Email: [email protected]
Post: GPO Box 11020 Adelaide SA 5001
We recommend using our postal address if:
Please ensure you include a return postal address.
- your correspondence is sensitive
- your correspondence includes hard copy, sensitive or confidential attachments (such as photos or documents)
Before sending correspondence to us, please ensure you are familiar with the following policy.
- We aim to respond to correspondence, where required, within 20 working days of receipt.
- Sometimes the matters raised in correspondence are complex and require detailed investigation in which case our response time will be longer.
- There may be occasions where the issues you raise are outside our responsibilities. In this case we will refer you to the appropriate organisation or government department/agency. We encourage you to check to see if your issue is within our jurisdiction before you correspond with us. For example, if your enquiry relates to the ability of a veterinary surgeon to obtain, possess, prescribe or dispense Schedule 4 drugs, please direct your enquiry to the Office of the Chief Pharmacist: [email protected]. If your enquiry relates to the ability of a veterinary surgeon to obtain, possess, prescribe or dispense Schedule 8 drugs, please direct your enquiry to SA Health: [email protected]
- We do not provide legal advice or personal advisory services to members of the community, veterinary services providers or veterinary surgeons.
- We will only respond to items where we are the primary recipient. We will not respond to correspondence where we have been included as a carbon copy.
- We will delete unsolicited advertisements without response.
- We will not respond to correspondence containing offensive language or content.
- We will forward any correspondence containing threatening content or advocating illegal activities to South Australia Police.
- Your correspondence, once received, will become an official record of the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia.
If you require assistance
Non-English speaking people can receive assistance from the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment the National Relay Service is available and can be contacted on 133 677 (TTY/voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (Speak & Listen).
Our office hours are: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays and approved office closure days).
When we perform our work, we aim to be:
How you can help us
To allow us to perform our work effectively and efficiently, we expect that you will:
- Familiarise yourself with our correspondence policy
- Give us accurate and complete information
- Treat us with respect and courtesy
How to give us your feedback
Your feedback will help us to review the quality of our work.
If you have a compliment, suggestion or complaint, you can:
- Email it to us at: [email protected]
- Post it to our mailing address: GPO Box 11020 Adelaide SA 5001